Sunday, February 22, 2009

Some of my favorite statement pieces from 2007




























































































Featured here are some of my absolute favorite pieces. I just can't help but love the "big & the bold". I am absolutely in awe of designer Iradj Moini's pieces! The mix of big, chunky semi-precious stones, chains make for pieces that appear as a beautiful work of art. Rachel Roy is wearing one of my favorites; the white coral. Robert Lee Morris is another of my favorites. He is the designer of those wonderfully huge sterling silver and turquoise pieces. Not at all to be outdone are the pieces that Marc Jacobs designed for Louis Vuitton. They are absolutely exquisite! Another name that has come back with a bang is Miriam Haskell. The vintage pieces transcend time and are still very much relevant with today's styles. It appears that their design team is once again creating big, bold, unique pieces that are "today", but still have a vintage look and feel. Not to be left out is another of my favorite designers, Tom Binns. I love his use of rhinestones to create his feminine and edgy pieces. Last, but certainly not least is Erickson Beamon. I love their beautiful jewel-tone and rhinestone "mix" pieces. They are creating a line for Target, which I believe, debuts in March. I dedicated today's entry to Jewelry, but I just have to comment on the black boots in the picture with the Erickson Beamon necklace. I fell in love with those boots the first time that I saw them! I actually haven't seen them on the feet of anyone, stars or otherwise, but I would sure love to know where, and if they are still being sold.
(All photos are courtesy of Vogue, Elle, Elle Accessories, Town & Country & Bazaar)

No comments:

Post a Comment