Friday, October 30, 2009

"Fab Finds"








Wanted



I was out and about yesterday and happened into one of my favorite thrift stores and then Ross. This particular thrift store tends to receive donations from estate sales, so I always make sure that I stop in often. Normally I find vintage jewelry or some other little trinket, but this time, my eye caught the sight of the telephone pictured here. I was so excited that my palms started to sweat. As I held and looked it over, I contemplated the $50 asking price, but knew there was no way that I could leave there without it.

It doesn't have any markings on it as far as a manufacturer, so I am scouring the internet to see if I can find anything remotely similar.....I haven't yet. There is a particular book at a library that is about 25 miles from where I live, that I have put on hold for pickup, which states that it has about 500 antique phones within it's pages. The only thing with that is, I probably won't be able to pick it up until Monday or Tuesday and I am just dying to know more about my phone. In the Interim, if anyone has any information, please let me know..... I would certainly appreciate it.

During my visit, I also found that gorgeous bracelet which is "dotted" with brilliant rhinestones. It's a bit snug, so I'm going to have to add some links to it. Lastly, I stopped into Ross and found those cute ballerina flats. They are by "Wanted" and their shoes are usually pretty inexpensive anyway, but I paid $9.99......boy was I excited. Iv'e already had a man stop me and ask me where I got them, as he wants to get a pair for his wife. I love all of the colors and know that I will get lots of wear out of them. Of course when I got home, I went online to see if I could find them on some site.....I found them on endless.com for $59.95. Needless to say, yesterday was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment