Friday, October 30, 2009

Zara Terez's 14th Precinct Holster






Zara Terez is a young and fabulous handbag designer who we recently met at a Bagtrends event in New York City. She's shown here at right wearing one of her most exciting new items: the 14th Precinct Holster, which is part of her Fall 2009 collection (available here). We chatted with Zara about her fresh and fiesty line of handbags, including this gun holster she just couldn't resist.

Luxist: Tell us about the gun holster.

Zara Terez: Well, I actually saw a gun holster, and I thought it would be a really cool idea to make it into a handbag. It's good to go out with, and for mommies who have little kids, they can carry around their diaper bag and have their cell phone and their credit cards [in the holster]. And actually, my sister said that it's really good for exercising, like, you need a bag you can run around with.

L: So you are manufacturing them?

ZT: I am, everything's made here in New York City.

L: Is that suede?

ZT: This is suede, and we also have it in pebbled leather. All the leather comes from Italy; I bring it in.

L: Excellent, and how much does one cost?

ZT: $125. It's really, really fun, we have it in multiple colors, and you can use it day or night -- it's perfect for everything.

L: Tell us a little bit about these other materials you're using,

ZT: Everything is leather. Embossed snake, embossed croc, and what I love to do is, I make sure that there's always a ...

L (discovering the inside of a feathered bag): There are sequins in here!

ZT: Yeah! There's always a splash of surprise in each one. There's a surprise in every bag. It's really all about you, and what represents you as a person.

L: So, where do you get your inspiration?

ZT: My friends, my family, New York City as a whole. [The bags] are all named for different places in New York City. My holster's actually called 14th Precinct, which is the precinct in the garment district. (Luxist)

I like that feather-adorned number

No comments:

Post a Comment