Friday, November 27, 2009






After stuffing myself with all the Thanksgiving goodies yesterday, my first thought of course, was to take a nap, but I nixed the idea and decided to complete three more pieces that I had been working on. The first one, with the draping chains, really.....took some time along with a few cuts and finger scrapes. It was worth it, as I'm really pleased with the way that it turned out. Adorned with a sun pendant, two half moons, a brilliant star and vibrant crystals and vintage chains. I really wanted to make it special. I purposely staggered the chains and left some long enough to hit just below the abdomen. (This particular necklace was inspired by a saying that the late Ed Mcmahon used when he hosted Star Search....each night as the show closed he said "reach for the moon, but even if you miss, you will be among the stars." I've always loved that.

The second necklace I made from a broken vintage necklace and added crystal chandelier "drops" for full effect.

The third is a mesh necklace that I've had for some time, but want to revamp. It seems that many jewelry and accessory designers are creating a mesh "hankie" necklace in various forms. My thought is that I initial design was a little to plain, so I wanted to kick things up a notch. I added faceted acrylic drops on either side and the "gold wrapped" drop as a centerpiece. Now I'm pleased with it's look.

No comments:

Post a Comment