Monday, May 10, 2010

"Lace Ups"

Leyendecker (this is a nice skirt; great in summer with a tank and cute sandals, or for night add stilettos. I also envision it for Fall wear with a tank, leather jacket and booties).
The Battalion (this I really love, as it offers so many styling options. Perfect for day with jeans and heels or a night out layered over a cocktail dress.

Badgley Mischka & Betsey Johnson (another lovely twosome......perfect with a variety of looks.


MK2K

Pamela Roland


7 For All Mankind
C'N'C Costume National Jet by John Eshaya




L.A.M.B.
Porcelain (this is another great choice......so feminine and beautifully detailed).
213 Industry (I like this as well, but this type of dress, in my opinion, can prove to be a little tricky. Better, I think, worn with a nice bootie or stilettos to avoid looking like a ten-year-old).
Furio (Another fabulous offering; I love the longer back).

Nation
Clara Kasavina
Whitney Eve
36.5

O'neill
House of Harlow (Nice......)

Paige Premium Denim

Charley 5.0

Trip NYC (although some tend to look a little cheesy, I do like this pair).
William Rast
Bo Aime
Nolita
Dimri
LA Made


Lace is as relevant today as ever, as evidenced by the bevy of trenchcoats, dresses, jeans and even boots with lace accents this fall.

(WWD)

I've always had a bit of a love/hate relationship with lace clothing. You know the trend comes around every few years, dies out and resurges yet again. My love is for the well made pieces such as the lace trench, the black long-sleeved top and the shoes. What I'm not so fond of, is those pieces that look as though they were hurriedly made without thought to structure or design.

Another concern is "lace overkill." Head to toe lace can give off that "cheap vibe," even if the pieces are well made. I would definitely wear the lace trench and long-sleeved lace top, with either pair of the lace shoes featured, but it would end there. the remainder of the look should be understated. All in all, I do like many of the pieces from this seasons collections....but remain cautious.

No comments:

Post a Comment