Thursday, July 1, 2010

"After Five"

I remember a time in "fashion vernacular," when the cocktail dress and anything closely related, was referred to as an "after five." Whenever I think of the seventies, I'm reminded of a particular sister-in-law who I heard speak those two words quite often. She was that stylish type of woman who was taken with chiffon minis, the "page boy" hair cut and on occasion, the bouffant, which was my personal favorite. That was a time when wigs and hairpieces were all the rage....that big cluster of curls that was pinned atop when one really chose to pull out all the stops. While we don't hear those words uttered much anymore, there are and will always be those gorgeous pieces which "light up the night."

Of all the dresses, Alexander Mcqueen's is my favorite, and apparently a favorite among many, as it's currently sold out. I'm also lovin the Sass & Bide jumpsuit....I'm always taken with those pieces that look good with flats or heels.




Christian Louboutin
Oscar de la Renta

Alexander McQueen
Matthew Williamson Alexander McQueen
Valentino


Matthew Williamson

Sass and Bide
Giuseppe Zanotti

Red Valentino
Jimmy Choo

Moschino Cheap & Chic

Sass & Bide
Oscar de la Renta


Zac Posen


(netaporter.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment