Monday, March 28, 2011

The Return of Preppy


Tommy Hilfiger


Tod's


Michael Kors


Marina Yachting


Timberland


Tory Burch


Sperry


Hermes


Lacoste


Prada


Derek Lam

(Marie Claire.it)

Just between us, I'm actually embracing many of the "classic preppy" looks that we're seeing so much of in the current magazine issues. How can we miss the pages of Tommy Hilfiger's latest offerings colorfully displayed through out each spring issue. While I have always kept and worn classics such as blazers (a couple of navy Ralph Laurens), loafers, pearls etc., for some reason, I think that I'm ready to hang up my skinny jeans for a while.

I bought trouser jeans last fall and have been wearing them a great deal, as they are they perfect addition to a pair of platforms. I also like the idea of tucking in a shirt or blouse for a change. I picked up a couple of anoraks this weekend....not the usual staid, "I'm going hiking-look," but a little more "cutesy." I'm almost embarrassed to say that I looked at shoes similar to those from Sperry....while the style is the same, the pair that I'm thinking about are metallic gold...while I like classic, I don't necessarily want to look as though I'm going yachting.

So, as the warm weather approaches, I'll head to the back of my closet and dig out some of those classics that haven't been worn in quite some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment