Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Shourouk
















Name
Shourouk Rhaiem.


Education
"After studying at the Studio Berçot in Paris, I began working at Chloé for the accessories line and doing research on embroidery. I then perfected by technique at the House of Couture by John Galliano and then Roberto Cavalli in Italy."


Current projects
"I'm working on the collection for the next F/W 2011-2012 collection, playing with new structures and materials, with a special inspiration of childhood... but this is still top secret!"


Future projects
"I'd like to be able to expand my line and offer more creativity and choice to my clients, developing a line of bags and clothing."

Anecdotes, memories and funny stories
"I'll never forget the time I spent at Jean Paul Gaultier; it meant a lot to me, being able to work with an icon of that calibre. But my everyday life is full of funny moments. My laboratory is near the Centre Pompidou, within an apartment that's decorated in an Indiana Jones style, with old Chinese boxes, arrows, embalmed animals, Potola tapestries, Indonesian masks, and there's even a monkey skull from a Burmese tribe that's becoming extinct. Something falls on our heads every day!"


Your personal style
Dresses by Isabel Marant and high-heeled Miu Miu shoes.


Favorite designer
Miuccia Prada.

Your icon
Coco Chanel.


Inspirations
"The rhythm and style of various international cities: New York, Milan, Mumbai, Bangkok ane especially Paris. My key words are "vintage, pop, contemporary art."


Your creations are
Vanity pieces with a Pop touch.


A special thanks to
Marie Rucky, from the Studio Berçot, and Elisa Palomino.


Elegance is...
Wearing a pair of YSL trousers with nonchalance.

Never without…
"My red Fred Farrugia lipstick."


My biggest dream
To customize a Chanel 2.55.


Birthday
July 11th.


Born in
Paris.

Lives in
Paris, Mumbai and Bangkok.

(Vogue.it)

This is one of the most beautiful, of all the vintage-inspired collections. The bunnies, the birds, the Cheetahs, and an over abundance of rhinestones....what could be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment