Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Eye On Handbags


















O.k., let's talk bags. My personal opinion is that there hasn't been a whole lot to get excited about in the world of handbags lately. Among the sea of neutral and black, satchels, totes, messenger bags and hobos, I've been missing those standouts with that extra pizazz. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about form and function but I need a little pretty thrown in from time to time. If those featured here are any indication, it looks as though we will enjoy an influx of metallics, the intricately detailed and those "fun" bags such as that lovely paillette-embellished offering from Marni in picture one. It's actually sold out on Net-A-PORTER at this point, so I guess I'm not the only one longing for something a little something extra.

I'm also taken with Diane von Furstenberg's colorful offerings....they simply scream spring and summer! so, as the search for bags continues, I'll take a cue from from this page.

1.Marni 2. Antik Batik 3. - 5. Alexander McQueen 6. Milly 7. Diane von Furstenberg 8. Milly 9. 3.1 Phillip Lim 10. Diane von Furstenberg 11. Reed Krakoff 12. Antik Batik 13. Diane von Furstenberg 14. Versace 15. & 16. Alexander McQueen

(netaporter.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment