Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Front Row Flops?


FLOP: Ulyana Sergeenko has been spotted at multiple shows this past week — was she too tired to get dressed? FIX: Pajama dressing is a major trend, but it must have a streetwear sensibility. This tailored Stella McCartney look hits it just right.

Me: My, my, my! Once again, this look reminds us just how tricky it is to pull off the pajama trend. While I like the runway combo, it's definitely not something that I'd wear. Unfortunately for Ulyana, she looks as though she had to leave in a hurry and just threw on a coat and scarf.



FLOP: This dress' heavy wool fabric far from flatters Robyn's frame. FIX: Chanel's tweed T-shirt dress looks effortless, and the graphic detail would suit the singer's forward style.

Me: For me, it's not so much about the dress as it is the boots!



FLOP: Janet Fischietto's Fifties dress with an exposed tutu looks more costume than reality. FIX: Dolce & Gabbana's number is this side of retro, and vegetable prints are very fashionable for spring.

Me: I agree with WWD's comment....she does appear as though she's a cast member in a stage production.



FLOP: Michelle Harper's style is theatrical and eccentric, but her apron dress needs a blouse. Look at that rib cage! FIX: Reed Krakoff's shirtdress is sheer on the sides and still has that cool-girl edge like Harper.

Me: I love, love, love, Michelle Harper's chic style, but my eyes were immediately drawn to her ribs! EEK!

(WWD)

No comments:

Post a Comment