Sunday, April 7, 2013

Fly Karoline

Like a breath of warm spring air on a sun-filled day, this collection is as refreshing as it is unique.







I completed a Jewellery Design degree from one of the most prestigious fashion schools in the world – Central St Martins University of the Arts, London. Immediately after my graduation I decided to set up a business by starting my own brand of unique, hand-made jewellery called “Fly Karoline”. Although I have always been inspired by different kinds of creatures, the most significant of these has been insects and this is mainly due to my wonderful childhood experiences.

I travel the world collecting naturally-dead insects such as butterflies, bees, and beetles and make stunning jewellery pieces from them.
 Moreover, I am a member of the Butterfly Conservation and I am also volunteering in the ZSL London ZOO (mainly in the Butterfly Paradise). By using an innovative technique, discovered during many hours spent crafting jewellery in the workshop, my pieces give eternal life to real butterflies by capturing and maintaining their living beauty even after they have passed away… (boticca.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment