Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Full Skirting

I've been obsessing over full skirts for some months now. Sure, the short ones are plentiful, but I was searching for midi length or longer. Initially, I set out to find a pretty floral, but most that I found were a little too dressy. While I love those styles (the ball gown skirts by Alice & Olivia are amazing!), I wanted a cotton version for spring and summer that I could dress up or down. I stumbled across the site Soft Surroundings, and found exactly what I'd been looking for.

Their "Etruscan" skirt more than fit the bill. Not only is the length perfect, but the print gives it that extra bit of flair, much like Dolce & Gabbana's version. I'm so in love with it! I'll pair it with simple white tee, a denim shirt tied about the waist, and a black and white top, striped or otherwise. Of course I'll add some cute flat sandals!




"Etruscan" clearance price $34.99




Carven skirt, $670; avenue32.com

"Glint" $220; beulahlondon.com

"Tropez" $295; L.K. Bennett

"Rita" $125; coast-stores.com
Elle Strauss (Daily Telegraph U.K.)

Dolce & Gabbana, $1,110 (netaporter.com)

Lela Rose, $1,595

Alice and Olivia "Abella" ball gown skirt, $698
Alice & Olivia "Tina" ball gown skirt, $698

Alice & Olivia "Abella" ball gown skirt, $698 (neimanmarcus.com)



No comments:

Post a Comment